- Online Sermons
- Online Giving
Church Announcements & Activities Beginning
Sunday, September 14th
Sunday, September 14th
· The Deaf and Hard of Hearing Ministry’s 6 Week Introductory Sign Language Class
· This Week’s Christmas Musical Drama Auditions
· The Foundation’s Tutorial Class
· The Meeting of Brookland’s Cub, Girl, and Boy Scouts
· The Leading Ladies Ministry’s “Walking In Favor” Seminar
· The Health & Wellness Center’s Appeal For Volunteers
· The Brotherhood’s Voter Registration Initiative
· The Banquet & Conference Center’s “An Evening of Gospel Jazz” featuring The Terence Young Experience
· The YWA’s Mother/Son Event
· The Intercessory Prayer Ministry’s 2014 Intercessory Prayer Conference
· And An Offering From The Brookland Federal Credit Union
Last week we heard "Just BIBLE It!" from Pastor Jackson as he introduced to us his Series of Sermons on “God’s Greater For You”. After this morning’s Sermon, “ A Greater Relationship”, you would want to join us next Sunday, for the second Sermon in this series, “A Greater Faith”. ...stay tuned each Sunday for details on how you can be a part of “God’s Greater For You”, the series of sermons you would not want to miss!
Wednesday Bible Study: Pastor Jackson will resume his Bible Study at 12 Noon and 6:00pm beginning this Wednesday, September 17th. The 1st lesson will be on Romans Chapter 8, whose theme is: "The New Man; New Creation; New Body and New Purpose." We will learn of Sanctification, Security and No Separation from God. “Power Hour!” will immediately follow the 6:00PM Bible Study, with Reverend Johnny Barnett delivering the message.
Reverend Wilson will meet with all Youth, Teen and Young Adult Leaders on Thursday, September 18th at 6:00PM. Please bring your 2015 Calendar of Events and your projected budgets. If you are to attend, contact Angela Taylor at 803.744.7908.
If you are a member of Brookland running for an elected office in November, we would like to feature you in the October edition of The Star. Also all athletes participating in fall or winter sports, cheerleading, and marching band at their school or recreation league we would like to include you on a list in the October edition. Deadline for submissions is Sept. 19.
· Teens Ages (13-19) are invited to join The V.I.B.E., Teen Worship Experience, this morning at 11:00 am in the gym of the Health & Wellness Center. The topic of discussion will be the “N” word. Come and join the discussion!!
· Pastor Jackson has begun a series of Sermons on “God’s Greater For You”. After this morning’s Sermon, “ A Greater Relationship”, you would want to join us next Sunday, for the second Sermon in this series, “A Greater Faith”. ...stay tuned each Sunday for details on how you can be a part of “God’s Greater For You”, the series of sermons you would not want to miss.
· Wednesday Bible Study: Pastor Jackson will resume his Bible Study at 12 Noon and 6:00pm beginning this Wednesday, September 17th. The 1st lesson will be on Romans Chapter 8, whose theme is: "The New Man; New Creation; New Body and New Purpose." We will learn of Sanctification, Security and No Separation from God. “Power Hour!” will immediately follow the 6:00PM Bible Study, with Reverend Johnny Barnett delivering the message.
· The Deaf and Hard of Hearing Ministry will offer a 6 week Introductory Sign Language Class, Monday, October 6th, for individuals 18years and up. Persons interested in participating in this class, should plan to attend an Orientation on Thursday, September 25th, 6:00PM - 7:00PM in the Administration Building. For details and more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
· CHRISTMAS MUSICAL DRAMA AUDITIONS will be held in the Health & Wellness Center on the West Campus, this Monday, and this Tuesday, September 15th, and 16th, from 6:30PM - 8:30PM. The Northeast Campus will hold auditions in Classrooms No.1 and No.2, this Thursday, September 18th, from 6:30PM - 8:30PM, and this Saturday September 20th from 9:00AM - 11:0AM. There are roles for Children and Adults, and a great need for Crew Members and Assistants. Contact Deacon Walter Brownlee (email@example.com) at 803.463.2422, or Ms. Margaret Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information.
· Brookland Foundation Tutorial Program has resumed at the Lake View Empowerment Center (West Columbia). Sessions are held on Mondays and Thursdays, 6:00PM -7:30PM. Contact Cassandra Conyers-Rush at 803.318.3479 for additional information. TUTORS ARE NEEDED!!!
· Girl Scouts have resumed their regularly scheduled Meetings on Wednesdays from 6:00PM-7:00PM, for Girls in grades K-12th. Volunteers interested in becoming a leader may contact Jessica Wilson at 803.491.460, or 803.394.0949. You may also email email@example.com.
· Brookland Cub Scouts, for boys in 1st thru 5th grade, have resumed their Meetings on Wednesdays from 6:00PM to 7:00PM, at the Lakeview Empowerment Center. New Scouts and Volunteers are welcome!! For additional information contact Cubmaster Enoch Wisdom at 803.600.6279.
· The Brookland Boy Scouts are inviting all boys between the age of 11 - 17, to join Brookland Boy Scout Troop 74. Meetings are 6:15PM, every Wednesday at the Lakeview Empowerment Center on Monticello Road off of 12th street in West Columbia. Call Scoutmaster Eric M. Schlueter, MD, 803.447.1348 for more information.
· The Leading Ladies Ministry would like to invite all young ladies, Grades 9th - 12th, to attend “Spiritual Warfare: Baggage vs. Purses”. on this Saturday, September 13th, at 9:00AM in the Fellowship Hall. There will be a session on “Walking in Favor” and a session about “Powder Room Talk: Self Image”. Please bring your Bible.
· The Sisterhood’s “Personal Growth Series” is now in session on Tuesdays, and will run thru Tuesday - October 14th, from 6:00PM - 7:30PM, at the Sisterhood House. The theme for the series is "Women Taking Action to Become Whole." Enrollment is $10 for the entire Series. To register or for more information, stop by the Sisterhood table in the Health & Wellness Center following Worship this morning.
· The Brotherhood will have a Voter Registration table set up in the lobby Health & Wellness Center after both Worship. You must registered 30 days prior to the November 4th Election in order to vote. We will be registering first time voters, change of address, name change etc.,. Stop by the table for more information."
· The Brookland Health & Wellness Center is looking for a few mature individuals to volunteer Monday through Friday between the hours of 12PM-5PM. For more information please contact Monique Flowers at 803.744.7927, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Donald Jackson 803.744.7928 email@example.com .
· Save-The-Date! The Banquet & Conference Center presents “An Evening of Dinner and Gospel Jazz!” featuring The Terence Young Experience. The event takes place Friday, September, 26th at 7:00PM. Tickets are $25.00 in advance, and $30 at the door, and may be purchased at the Banquet & Conference Center or at www.terencegospeljazz.evenbrite.com. For additional information call 803.744.7956 or 803.730.5544.
· Save-The-Date! The Young Women’s Auxiliary presents its Annual Mother/Son Event, “Greater is….A Mother’s Love, 4:00PM, Saturday, October 4th, at the Banquet & Conference Center. This will be an afternoon of fun and fellowship for Mothers and Sons of all ages! Tickets are &20.00 for a Mother and one Son. Tickets for each additional Son is only $5.00! Tickets may be purchased at the Registration Table in the Health & Wellness Center after Worship this morning.
· Save-The-Date! It's That Time Again! Please join us for the 2014 Intercessory Prayer Conference, Friday and Saturday, November 14th and 15th. This year's theme: "Every Knee Shall Bow". Early registration is encouraged, will begin Sunday, September 21st, for only $25.00! After October 5th, registration is $30.00. For more information call .803.796-8133 or 803.791.1309.
· Since its formation, the Brookland Federal Credit Union (BFCU) has been committed to helping you design and achieve your financial goals. In honor of Brookland Federal Credit Union’s 15th Anniversary, we are offering an incredible special from now until the end of the year. When you purchase a vehicle and finance the loan with the credit union, you will receive $50 (Visa gift card or cash) and up to a 90-day deferral on your first auto loan payment. Visit the Brookland Federal Credit Union to learn more about this offer. You can also call 803.794.9201. Some exclusions apply.
- Calendar & Activities
- About Us
- Ministries List
- Visitor Information
- Member Services
- Prayer Request
- Membership Update Form
- Employment Opportunities