- Online Sermons
- Online Giving
Policies and Procedures
Policies and Procedures
1. Participation in the Health and Wellness Center is open to members of the Brookland Baptist Church Family and their guest as well as the Brookland Community as a whole. (Participants do not have to be a member of the Brookland Baptist Church to become a member of the Health and Wellness Center.) A responsible adult should accompany children under the age of 15, (Responsible adults are individuals who are 18 years of age or older.) Children, under the age of 15, should remain under the supervision of a responsible adult at all times in all facilities throughout the Health and Wellness Center.
2. All persons who meet the above requirements are required to complete a registration form. A nominal membership fee will be charged per member and a permanent membership card will be issued. The membership card is required to gain entrance and access to the Health and Wellness Center. All membership cards are property of the Health and Wellness Center. There will be a $5.00 fee for replacing lost or damaged cards. The membership card serves the following purposes:
a. Identification, especially in case of emergency
c. Controlled admittance
d. Equipment checkout
3. Registration by all participants is necessary for safety and information purposes. All forms for the Health and Wellness Center registration should be updated annually.
4. While not required, the Health and Wellness Center urges all members to obtain a physical examination from their physicians prior to the use of any exercise equipment or attendance in any exercise class in recognition of the possible dangers connected with any physical activity, member (s) hereby knowingly and voluntarily waive any right or cause of action of any kind whatsoever arising as the result of such activity from which any liability may or could accrue to its officers, agents, employees or instructors.
The information desk, located at the main entrance of the Health and Wellness Center, is the welcome and information center for Health and Wellness Center. Only Authorized Personnel are permitted behind the desk. The Health and Wellness Center staff has the authority to ask patrons to leave for failure to abide by any facility policy.
1 . Due to the possibility of injury, children under the age of 16 are not permitted in this area.
2. This is a highly specialized area; therefore, participants are required to make a reservation at the activity desk for a fitness center orientation.
3. Equipment should be properly wiped-down by the participant after it has been used. Cleaning towel dispensers are located on the walls in the fitness center.
4. Profanity will not be allowed in the Health and Wellness Center.
1. Appropriate clothing (i.e. full length t-shirts and exercise apparel) and shoes are required at all times. No street shoes or black-soled shoes are allowed on the playing court. The Health and Wellness Center staff must clear any "questionable" shoes.
2. No "dunking" in the basketball goals. "Dunking" is subject to dismissal of the Health and Wellness Center.
1. Participation on the walking track is open to the community; however, no one under the age of (fifteen)15 is allowed on the track unless accompanied by an adult.
2. Basketballs, volleyballs, or any type of athletic equipment are prohibited on the Walking Track. Anyone shooting at basketball goals from the Walking Track will be subject to dismissal from the Health and Wellness Center.
3. For preservation of the walking track, all walking and jogging is to be done in one direction. Please take note of signs indicating the directions.
4. Walkers use the inside of the track closest to the rail. Joggers use the outside of the track closer to the wall. As a courtesy to others, please do not walk side by side. Consideration should be given to faster walkers and joggers who want to pass.
5. For safety reasons, sitting or leaning on the rails is prohibited. Basketballs, volleyballs, other athletic equipment and baby strollers are not allowed on the track.
6. Appropriate shoes are required for the walking track. (See above, Gymnasium #1)
1. Equipment will be checked out and must be used for its intended purpose.
2. Individuals or groups who check out the Health and Wellness Center equipment or property will be financially responsible for equipment that is damaged, lost, destroyed or stolen,
3. Select equipment may be checked out for activities away from the Health and Wellness Center premises, There is
a proper protocol for checking out equipment. (i.e. Proper form completion and Health and Wellness Center Director approval)
4. All equipment will be returned to the same place from which it was checked out. Items that are not issued by the Health and Wellness are not allowed in the Health and Wellness Center, unless previously approved by the Health and Wellness Center staff.
1. Lockers are provided on a daily basis only members are required to bring their own locks, Locks that are left on lockers overnight will be cut off. All personal belongings must be placed in lockers. All items of personal Property brought on the facilities shall be at the sole risk of the member or guest.
2. Towels are available for all members. To receive towels for showers and/or activity, member must leave your membership card at the information desk. Receipt of card is returned upon return of the towel to the designed location at the information desk.
Lost and Found
Lost and found items will be located at the Activity Desk. Participants are encouraged to put their names on all personal items so they can be easily identified.
1. The following items are not allowed in the Health and Wellness Center:
• tobacco of any form
• alcohol beverage
• controlled substances
• pets (except for seeing impaired)
• radios (exception: walkmans are permitted with headphones
• ANYTHING that would detract from the Christian atmosphere and the purpose of the Health and Wellness Center
2. Food and drinks will not be allowed in the gymnasium, fitness center, or on the walking track when used for the purpose of the Health and Wellness Center. Please dispose of chewing gum in its proper place.
3. Any person(s) fighting, under the influence of drugs or alcohol, in possession of drugs or alcohol, or anything that can be used as a weapon will be suspended indefinitely from the Health and Wellness Center.
1. The use of the Health and Wellness Center and all equipment will be at the risk of the participant.
2. The Health and Wellness Center does not assume liability or responsibility for any participant.
3. The Health and Wellness Center does not make any express or implied warranty of the premises, the equipment, machinery, fixtures or furniture.
4. The Health and Wellness Center is not responsible for any lost or stolen property.
Interpretation of Policies
1. The Health and Wellness Center staff is responsible for all interpretation and enforcement of all rules.
2. All reservation, procedures, and problems will be handled through the Health and Wellness Center Staff and/or the Brookland Baptist Church management.
3. Other situations not specifically covered in this list of policies and procedures will be acted upon if and when the need arises at the discretion of the Health and Wellness Center Staff and/or Brookland Baptist Church Staff.