- Online Sermons
- Online Giving
New Members Orientation
PURPOSEThe purpose of the New Member's Orientation course is threefold.
- It gives the new member a clear understanding of the significance of the new life in Christ.
- It explains the responsibilities inherited because of the Christian experience.
- It defines what it means to become a member of God's Church. By using God's Word as the final authority, New Member's Orientation also seeks to emphasize the distinction between a true conversion and church, membership.
- To help each member understand and reaffirm his/her conversion experience and their commitment: to Christ and the Church.
- To help each member understand and accept the privileges and responsibilities of church membership.
- To help each new member become a growing participant in the life and ministry of the Christian fellowship.
1. Purpose of course
2. Course objectives
CLASS OUTLINE: I. The Conversion Experience
|A. The Meaning of Conversion||B. The Difference between Conversion and Church Membership|
II. Christian Growth
|A. Development as Creatures of God||B. Christian Maturity
III. The Meaning of Church Membership
|A. The Church||B. The Earthly Leadership of the Church|
IV. Basic Baptist Beliefs
|A. Why Beliefs Matter||B. Basic Baptist Beliefs|
|A. Biblical Teaching on Stewardship||B. Stewardship of Your Life|
VI. The Tithe
|A. The Plan of the Tithe||B. The Purpose of the Tithe||C. The Plea for the Tithe|
VII. STEWARDSHIP SURVEY
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Who should attend new member's class?
A. All persons who join the Brookland Baptist Church are expected
to attend New Members Orientation classes.
Q. How long are the classes?
A. There are (10) 45-minute sessions. Classes are held from 10:00 a.m. until 10:45 a.m. each Sunday.
Q. Where are classes held?
A. Classes are held in the New Members Orientation class room in the administration building.
New Members Orientation StaffDeacon Harold Reed, Director
Deacon Michael Harris, Asst. Director Sis. Wanda Jenkins, Asst. Secretary
Sis. Louvera Caesar, Teacher Sis. Fannie Jenkins, Teacher
Sis. Loretta Coleman, Secretary Sis. Melanie Byrd; Hospitality
Sis. Goldie Wallace, Hospitality